Tuesday, December 28, 2010

To Autumn, Maddi and Reese

Autumn, Maddi and Reese you would not believe how very precious you are to me. I love you with all of my heart and being. Here is something important that I want to share with you. Just the other day, in the ice and snow, I helped Autumn out of the car. She looked up at me and asked, "Papa, will you hold my hand?" My heart filled to overflowing. I told her that, "Of course I'll hold your hand. I'll always be there to hold your hand." I want all three of you to know that I will always be there to hold your hand. As you grow older, life will not always be easy or fun or even fair. Sometimes your friends will hurt your feelings. Sometimes you will be sick. Sometimes you will think that your mother and father, your grandparents, or your teachers have blamed you for something that is not your fault. Sometimes you will not get what you want even though you have worked and wished very hard for it. Sometimes your family, friends and even your pets will leave you to go to heaven. I want you to never forget that, when these things happen, I'll be there to hold your hand. Someday, I will die and go to heaven. I'm very sure that I'll be going to heaven, because God has promised me. When I get there, I believe that God will understand that I still want to hold your hand very tightly when bad things happen. There will be times that I can't reach out to take your hand even when we are both living near each other. I'm pretty sure it will be hard to take your hand from heaven, so here is what you need to do when I'm not right there beside you. Close your hand into a little bit of a fist, just like you were holding on to me and I was holding on to you. You will feel your hand grow a bit warmer. When this happens, remember that I am there for you, holding your hand, will always be there for you, and will love you all forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment