Thursday, November 25, 2010

Why Not?

I have been arguing with one of my sons this afternoon. He is convinced that the world, at least the United States, is populated almost entirely by greedy, self serving persons. He argues that one person cannot make a difference, so why should he be involved in trying. In my heart, I want so badly to be able to change his mind. I want to be able to argue vehemently that one person can and often does make a difference. I want to be able to do those things, but I find that I can't. God doesn't want me as one of His people trying to make a difference. It seems to me that most of those that I have previously called on for spiritual support are no longer accessible. It seems that roadblocks rather than smoother roads are almost always the case. Job's wife advised him to "curse God and die." I won't curse God, but if I can't and won't ever be able to make a difference, including as an example to my son, why not just die?

No comments:

Post a Comment