Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lucas II

Lucas Little passed away from this life on Wednesday, June 16th. I cannot imagine a pain greater than loosing a child; a child of any age. I cannot imagine the anguish God must have felt as Christ hung on the cross, knowing that He could save his son so easily. I cannot fathom a decision that meant having a child to die in order to save me, but I have been made eternally grateful that Christ willingly gave His life and God allowed it. I have at least four sets of friends who've lost a child: Wiley and Anne, Lee and his wife, Cory and Michelle, and now Burnie and Tina. Oddly enough, they are all Christians. They all have a burning love for Christ, even after a devastating loss. They seem to grow stronger in this love every single day. I don't know. I've never asked them straight out, but the promise of being rejoined with their child eternally must bring them great comfort. There is no doubt in my mind that there is not one single day that they don't miss their child. That is to be expected. We all miss those we love. The greater mystery and the inspiration for me is that, my friends, who love their missing child, love their God so much the more. I will continue to pray for Burnie and Tina and the family and friends of Lucas. I will continue to thank God for my own children. I will continue to try to borrow from the strength of my four sets of friends. I will remember, as Burnie says at the close of each blog entry, "God is good." www.prayforlucas.blogspot.com God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment