Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lucas

I've known Burnie Little for many years now. We began as a doctor - patient relationship. He's actually a PA, but I see him much more often than I ever do my doctor. We accidentally took the same Spanish class together at Forsyth Tech one time. He grew to be my always friend and, many times, my spiritual guide and mentor. He has known me in my good times and my bad. We shared coffee and meals together outside of his office. I heard how his wife, Tina, home schooled his two sons and he could not keep the father's pride in his family hidden nor did he want to do so. Burnie and Tina have a relationship with God, through Christ Jesus, that I strive for in my own life and fall short of achieving. The wonderful thing about this relationship is that it supports them even when times are very, very bad. This is a bad time. Their oldest son, Lucas, is in trouble. Lucas Little was involved in a serious car accident on May 27. He was admitted to intensive care in critical condition with brain trauma, fractures of the skull, cervical vertebra, right leg, and bilateral collapsed lungs. He remains in very critical condition today. Because the whole Little family is so loved, admired, and respected, they were slammed with requests for news about Lucas. Burnie set up a blog so that he can post current news and he is very faithful about keeping it up. In the blog, Burnie does updates on the condition of Lucas, asks for prayer for specific needs, and lets us know a bit about how the rest of the family and very close friends are doing. Burnie, Tina and I serve a mighty God who is capable of doing things far beyond our imagination. He is in control of this entire situation. We believe that it doesn't hurt to let Him know that we praise Him and seek His help. We ask that you help us with this effort. Please read Burnie's blog, pray for Lucas and the things Burnie lists, and add Lucas to your prayer list and to your church's prayer list. God is good. http://www.prayforlucas.blogspot.com/

1 comment: